Mon, Jul 24|
WOMEN | Trials | 2023/24 Season
Do you want to play in the NFS? Come try out for our women's squad, with places in the first and reserve teams up for grabs.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2023, 7:15 PM – 9:45 PM
Southampton, Green Ln, Southampton SO16 9FQ, UK
About the Event
Come out and show us what you've got. This is your chance to play futsal at the highest level in England. We will be looking to select players for our first team and reserve team. The first team will play games in the FA NFS Tier One, and the reserve team in the FA NFS Tier Two South.
There will be two sessions, Monday evenings from 19:15 - 21:45 on the 24th and 31st of July. Although the sessions are three hours, players will not be working for three hours straight. We will play longer matches, with players sitting out for some time, as this will ensure we are able to give everyone in attendance more thorough observation.
The sessions will consist of possession games, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 matches, as well as some shooting drills and skill games, allowing for players to demonstrate their technical ability and game understanding.
What we're looking for are team players who are willing to work and eager to improve. Playing at the top level is challenging, so we're looking for players that want to test themselves against the best. With the long season and travel commitments, it's important we have decent people, which is why we will enforce the No Dickheads rule. We cannot have players that will ruin it for others. Futsal is supposed to be fun, and players that make it not fun with their attitude and how they treat others will not be invited back.
If you want to play futsal, but you're concerned about travel commitments, here's what you need to know;
- The fixture schedule comes out far in advance, giving players ample time to arrange plans.
- Tier one (first team) will move to a home and away + hybrid model. What this means is that our first team will now have a string of games locally (which has only happened twice in two years, and took eighteen months to happen). Teams will be grouped regionally in terms of fixtures, meaning we will not be travelling more than two or three hours for away games, with the rest of the games being played at central venues, which have typically been St. George's Park (yes, where England train), Wolverhampton University, and Hartpury College (Gloucester).
- Tier two (reserve team) will be a straight home and away fixture list. This means half of our games will be at home (likely to be Five Rivers in Salisbury, Sparsholt College in Winchester, or Cams Hill in Fareham). The furthest the team will travel for a league game will be Bedford.
- Both teams will have in the region of 10-14 league games, plus a cup, in addition to pre-season friendlies, and some sporadic friendlies throughout the season to fill in any large gaps.
- Training will be Monday evenings at Testlands, and if we get the sponsorship we seek, there will be a second Wednesday session. Mondays will be separate, with first and reserve having their own sessions, and Wednesday will be a combined session.
We want to be upfront and honest. Where futsal is an emerging sport in England, there are a lot of faults, a lot of moving parts, and things can change rapidly. It is a truly fantastic sport to play, and it won't be long until you prefer it over football.